Changing leaders

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Narfi
Corporal
Human: Yes

Changing leaders

Post by Narfi »

Hi,

So this may seem a little crazy but I've seen many people on skipping or refusing to play a specific countrie because they didn't like the leader at that time. For example: One guy wanted to play as the UK in the WW2 as Churchill to defeat Nazi Germany but when he noticed that the leader didn't change (in SRU) he lost all motivation (turns out he was a massive Churchill fan)

I think it also helps with the roleplaying aspect of the game, certainly in multiplayer. In singleplayer you can do a crazy scenario like what if Russia discoverd the technology to ressurect people and decided to give life to Lenin to lead the country further. This way you imagination is the limit.

I think it would be a nice addition in the game. But I would understand if you want to keep it historical accurate. If so a option to change the starting year would be nice ( 40's, 50's, 60's etc,)
arakan94
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Changing leaders

Post by arakan94 »

I think leaders are currently changed by an event (e.g. in Cold War, UK Labor leader changes to Churchill sometime in 50s - based on historical election, I guess).. Simple improvement could be to add an interface to "retire the leader" manually and pick the next one. Question is, however, what to do when the country doesn't have any other leaders ready.

TBH, internal politics are basically non-existent, which is a shame for non-conquering games.. It would be great to see expanded election system where leader would change based on election results and you'd only become dictatorship if you had huge MAR and chose to do a coup or if anti-democratic parties won.. Ruling party should also have some real effects..
There could be 5 parties: autocrats (end of democracy when >33%), market liberals (maybe limit on maximum amount of tax, GDP bonus), moderates, social democrats (minimum social spending level, extra DAR) and communists (change to communism when >33%)

Your actions and policies could strengthen parties: strong military, aggressive actions - autocrats; lots of trade deals, rising GDP, high taxes - market liberals; low social spending, unemployment - social democrats; etc

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”