Unit surrender/capture mechanism

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Unit surrender/capture mechanism

Post by Zuikaku »

Hi all!

I'm sure I proposed this some time before, but I feel this went under the radar and it needs improvements. Unit surrender mechanism in SRU was too simple and units tended to generally fight untill destruction.
The only instances I've managed to capture the units were:
- when enemy had 20% or less MAR
- when enemy surrendered and you've got all the units and depots
- when you nuke enemy formations

Unit surrender (which result in capturing equipment ) need to depend on following parameters:
- unit morale
- unit experience
- unit supply (unsupplied and cut off units tend not to fight indefinitivelly)
- MAR
- massive losses of nearby units
- inability to retread when faced with overwhelming enemy power (when the choice is to be destroyed within the combat turn or two many units will rather surrender, especially if unexperienced and/or unsupplied and/or low on morale).
- ambushes by guerilla, hidden troops and special forces - if single unit moves to the hex occupied by unseen unit and gets attacked it might surrender quite easily. That woul'd also encourage players to activelly scout and do reconaissance and not just rush in units knowing nothing bad is going to happen since all units are japanese and never surrender.

What do you think?
Please teach AI everything!
smygsork
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Unit surrender/capture mechanism

Post by smygsork »

Sounds like all the items on the list could feed into the morale value and have that be the deciding factor. That way it could be easier to keep track of for the player, morale low = bad. MAR is currently the only thing I've been able to link to surrendering units so far as well.

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”