weather model enhancements

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

chucklindsay1986
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

weather model enhancements

Post by chucklindsay1986 »

It's probably too late to implement something of this nature into the game at this point, but I think it's a good enough suggestion to be considered worth a mention.

It would be more a jazzy extra as opposed to a must have for the game....but there again I have found at various points through experimenting with the graphics that the visual balance has a dramatic effect on the games playability for enjoyment.

regardless here goes my suggestion for this topic:

If the new game is still using the Map tile (mapett) I think is what they are referred to as... It would be cool to have a second set of .jpg world map tiles that can be used in the game similar to an events.csv for changing seasons/historical settings etc.... an example would be something like the battle of the bulge which took place during a blizzard I believe; it would be cool if the game could have a snowy ardennes map tile set that receives an event trigger to use the (2nd tile set) while a winter storm blows through, and a standard set of tile swaps that alternate according to the season defined perhaps in the .procgen or wmdata file or possibly even an optional feature to enable in the .scenario data...... or maybe like a checkbox on the start menu or something....that last suggestion was a joke..... i can't help myself lol. :lol: anyway it would be cool to have that feature available on a more or less pre-defined agenda based on approximate reality's in weather patterns globally ....

It's not of high level of importance as you guys mention Graphics are of a lower priority, but the map tiles do have a profound effect on how 3d elements appear on top of them and this would be a neat feature if it can be written into the games engine at a later point in time....

annnnd I'd like to be able to change the soundtrack mid game; actually several times throughout the game..... I might already be able to do this I have yet to fully investigate that feature.....

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”