SpocksGlock's 2030 Suggestions.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

spockglock
Corporal
Human: Yes

SpocksGlock's 2030 Suggestions.

Post by spockglock »

Hello everyone. Updated on 2/23/23 (“Drone Warfare”)

Please note I will provide a very short and direct summary of my suggestion at the top, and then if you want more information or details please see the corresponding points below.

My qualifications for my suggestions include being a double major in History and Military Sciences, a former US Army Officer with Logistics and Military Intelligence experience and being an avid O.S.I.N.T. hobbyist. I welcome any feedback and I hope that someone on the development team reads this post.

I will come back to edit this top post with addition summary ideas and make later posts below on the backfill explanations.

Units to Add/Expand Upon:

1A* - Class 1 - Loyal wing man style drones. Combat aircraft with no pilots linked to piloted aircraft.
1B* - Class 1 - Long range, very large, fixed wing loitering drones (emphasis on maritime patrol and real time reconnaissance in low threat areas).
1C* - Class 1 - Stealth drones, which have the capability to observe over high threat environments as well as carry extremely limited strike weapon systems.
1D* - Class 2 - Counter Drone Drones, we will just call this CDD, but these are drones designed to take out other drones. Please note in the future these will also include jamming or E.C.M. drones.
1E* - Class 2 – Reconnaissance and opportunity strike drones.
1F* - Class 3 – Sling shot suicide strike drones.
1G* - Class 3 – Sling shot reconnaissance drones.
1H* - Class 3 – Handheld reconnaissance drones.
1I* - Class 3 - Hand held drop strike drones.
1J* - Drone gunboats – uncrewed ships with auto cannons and missile weapon systems. These drone boats can cover the full spectrum of designs from anti-air defense to anti surface warfare to anti- submarine depending on how the gunboat is specialized.
1K* - Drone infantry support units – drones/remote controlled units that operate on land along side infantry. They carrier supplies, ammo, and some will have different models for different types of terrains and settings.
1L* - Drone infantry fighting units – drones/remote controlled units that carry mounted weapon systems for anti-infantry or anti-armor engagements. We will likely see smaller urban warfare specialized versions for CQB situations (I.E. storming a defended house with drones instead of humans).
1M* - Anti I.E.D. drones/remote controlled units – something we have had for a while but newer and more capable versions will keep coming out.

2A* - Anti-Drone Air Defense “AD2” land units. These would be lightly armored units with short range but very sensitive radars and land based thermal / electro-optical targeting. They would have one or a combination of the following weapon systems: Smart-Round flak air burst (smart flak), small bore missiles (think avenger, stinger, or smaller), directed energy high intensity lasers, ECM pulse interference devices (drone commlink jammer), or some more of “net gun” that fires nets into the sky to capture a drone.
2B* - Anti-Drone Support. Simply put, at a certain point in the future, literally every single vehicle and every single squad of soldiers will require some sort of anti-drone defense, the game will need to take this into account.
2C* - Anti-Drone Air Defense will also need to be applied to ships, submarines, and aircraft. There are limitless ways drones can be used to kill things, it will affect all aspects of future war.

**** Additional Updates to Follow Later ****
spockglock
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: SpocksGlock's 2030 Suggestions.

Post by spockglock »

Updated on 2/23/23 (“Drone Warfare”)

Explanation Post Area – will be updated as above post is updated with suggestion sections.

Section 1 explanation* - Drones: Between 2000 and 2010, drones fell largely into only two groups, fixed wing medium size drones with weapons and those without. That has now changed between 2010 and 2020, and it will continue to change to 2030. I think Perun on YouTube sums it up nicely by stating we have 3 distinct classifications of drones coming into existence now. Class 1 – think super huge, expensive, fixed wing craft that are the size of aircraft and carry large payloads of armaments and long-range reconnaissance equipment. In the future this class will include things like loyal wingman drones. Class 2 – think of the smaller fixed wing units, the Turkish Bayraktar drone is the best example of this. They need small fields or very short runways, and carry shorter range optics, sensors, and weapon systems. This class is very “situational” as they are extremely vulnerable to modern air defense systems. Class 3 - these are the handheld drones, the suicide or “kamikaze drones” like switch blade. Some of the larger units are launched via a sling shot field deployable system, and others just out of the pam of one’s hand. I think that Class 1 and 2 would be units you can build, while class 1 needs to act more as a supporting function to units – I.E. we are not going to be making an in game production line for class 1 Walmart bomb dropper drones. We are going to see these developments expand on land and sea as well. Drone vehicles for infantry support, rear area security, and CQB situations are going to become more common. At sea, there are vast opportunities for expanding fleet area security, fire power (missile trucks), air defense, anti-submarine operations, and sea-based suicide strike drones.

Section 2 explanation* The proliferation of drones is increasing. It costs less and less to buy one (of any type) and their applications are nearly limitless. We see them in the air, on the sea, and rolling along the ground. Drones are nice to use in areas of high risk, its easier to replace a drone then as person. Now that drones are cheap and easy to make, everyone wants a lot of them – this means they will be on the battlefield in ever increasingly large numbers. They will vary widely in size, shape, range, and abilities. Defenses will be needed, in some form or another, to counter all the above. The trick will be how the split is made in the game between what are unit you build (see 2A*) and what are just “capabilities, traits, or perks” of a unit (see 2B*). Some real world examples include the U.S. Army’s new counter drone Stryker units, and the U.S. Air Force’s M-113 direct energy anti-drone systems.

**** Additional Updates to Follow Later ****

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”