Old problems from SRU

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

DesTryke
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Old problems from SRU

Post by DesTryke »

1. Many players rightly complain about high birth rates in countries with high GDP, which in most cases is not true given the demographic transition. The ideal would be to link deaths and births to social spending, or use a parallel formula that takes into account the demographic transition, as in superpower 2.
2. With very high economic difficulty in 2020, it's possible to create a very successful country based on a flat 200% markup for domestic consumers and no taxes applied. Empirically, it was determined that such an economic model doesn't impose penalties on GDP growth. Such a surcharge should either drastically reduce consumption, especially consumer goods, or impose a huge penalty on GDP growth when the middle income trap is reached.
3. If the economy is operating at a markup of 200%, then it's much more profitable for the country to produce only synthetic fuels, because this creates windfall profits while maintaining the same consumption. A possible solution, again, would be to reduce consumption proportionately while raising the price for domestic consumers and increasing the penalty for GDP.
4. Technologies are researched too quickly, in 5 years of play you can overtake historical dates by 10-20 years. A possible solution could be a research time penalty system like in Europa Universalis 4: if a player researches a technology from 2040 in 2030, the research time for that technology is increased by 100%.
5. I would like to be able to manually change defcon. For example, add a lock to the minister, which will allow you to disable the automatic change of defcon.
6. When an missile defence treaty is signed with someone, my satellite defenses shoot down my ICBM that fly over the territory of that country.
7. Too high costs for the maintenance of military production with the included costs for the maintenance of the army. This wouldn't be a problem if the game didn't allow you to set your army upkeep to 0, build hundreds of land production, and after building a huge army, turn them off before a war to save huge amounts of money on upkeep of a warring army. It's worth either setting the minimum allowable percentage of the cost of servicing the army tied to the form of government, or making all the costs of maintaining military production in a separate budget item.
8. I would like to be able to change the form of government in the country, or at least have a little less economic penalties, playing as communists and dictators.
9. I don’t know if there will be spheres of influence in 2030, but if possible, it would be nice to increase their number so that every politically significant country can expand its sphere of influence to its neighbors. Ideally, have an influence scale of 100%, where, for example, a country would have 40% of its influence, 20% of US influence, 15% of China's influence, 10% of Russia's influence, 5% of India's influence, etc.

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”