Strategic Transport Pool (STP)

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Strategic Transport Pool (STP)

Post by SGTscuba »

I would like to propose a "strategic transport pool". This pool could have units assigned to it that would then become available for automatic transport commands.

This pool would consist of land, air and sea transports and would remove the existing MM. This would balance players being able to spam infinite numbers of them to move vast armies at a single time. The player would have to assign transports to it and then when the "air transport", "sea transport" and new "land transport" command is used then instead of randomly pulling off units it would pull units from the pool. Once the transport is complete then the unit would go back into reserve so it can repair unless it is needed for another job. The pool would be drawn from too if a unit needs to go via sea instead of spawning a magical MM.

The UI could be very similar to the existing "strategic pool" for simplicities sake.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Re: Strategic Transport Pool (STP)

Post by Zuikaku »

Can this solve the issue of AI not knowing how to use air transports to make paradrops?
Please teach AI everything!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Zuikaku wrote: Oct 07 2022 Can this solve the issue of AI not knowing how to use air transports to make paradrops?
might make it easier I suppose?

AVP
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by AVP »

SGTscuba wrote: Oct 06 2022 I would like to propose a "strategic transport pool". This pool could have units assigned to it that would then become available for automatic transport commands.

This pool would consist of land, air and sea transports and would remove the existing MM. This would balance players being able to spam infinite numbers of them to move vast armies at a single time. The player would have to assign transports to it and then when the "air transport", "sea transport" and new "land transport" command is used then instead of randomly pulling off units it would pull units from the pool. Once the transport is complete then the unit would go back into reserve so it can repair unless it is needed for another job. The pool would be drawn from too if a unit needs to go via sea instead of spawning a magical MM.

The UI could be very similar to the existing "strategic pool" for simplicities sake.
This could work only if “transport” units are able to be sold
Internationally. Most nations around the work don’t have the capacity to build air, sea, road or rail capacity domestically. Those that do produce these units would need to be able to sell them to internationally to ensure most nations could acquire the ability to do this. There are trains in Myanmar but they don’t produce locomotives domestically, so you’d need to be able to buy these units.

It seems like the International Arms market mechanic that Chris Latour was able to create may be able to facilitate this.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

AVP wrote: Nov 23 2022
SGTscuba wrote: Oct 06 2022 I would like to propose a "strategic transport pool". This pool could have units assigned to it that would then become available for automatic transport commands.

This could work only if “transport” units are able to be sold
Internationally. Most nations around the work don’t have the capacity to build air, sea, road or rail capacity domestically. Those that do produce these units would need to be able to sell them to internationally to ensure most nations could acquire the ability to do this. There are trains in Myanmar but they don’t produce locomotives domestically, so you’d need to be able to buy these units.

It seems like the International Arms market mechanic that Chris Latour was able to create may be able to facilitate this.
Yes, transport units should also be sold as they could be produced as "units". Older vehicles could potentially be sold off over time.

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”