BUG REPORT MULTIPLAYER

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

BUG REPORT MULTIPLAYER

Post by mrgenie »

The Sync error is easy to bypass - the clients just delete the saved games and you copy the saved game from the host and continue playing.
BUT there's a huge BUT

All the settings of the client: excluded units, favorite units, army numbers, etc. it's all gone.

So every time you get a sync error - you're busy 15-20 minutes to redo all your work again before continuing the game.

Could be so simple - just put this data also in the saved game file of the host..

Thanks
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: BUG REPORT MULTIPLAYER

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote: Dec 13 2022 ...Could be so simple - just put this data also in the saved game file of the host..
Not possible, that data is only stored in the game for "active player" and is not transmitted between the players. Transmitting it would open up all sorts of problems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

you mean to say - it's not possible in the current way how we deal with data - but "not possible" generally doesn't exist as I know myself how to do exactly this in c++

and that's fine if it's too much work to do that - then the other option - is to store these player settings not in the saved game itself but into a saved game settings file - that's unrelated to any Sync Error issues that might be stored into the saved game.

Anyway - the sync error happens when sharing tech.. found it and reported it..

please check my bug report.. I'm sure you can find it and solve it.. of course solving the sync error which is plaguing us for years now would be the best solution..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

In 2010, you could save your player settings such as social spending allocation percentages, and such with the hotkey "Shift L" and save them with "Shift +" I remember using it a lot. any chance this may make a return?

https://supremeruler.fandom.com/wiki/Hotkeys

Return to “General Discussion - 2030”