Employment and workforce

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Employment and workforce

Post by ozmono2005 »

Hello,

So I started playing supreme ruler since sr2010. I think there has been a gradual improvement with a few really big nice changes like pushing the start date back to pre WWI. One area that has been lacking from the start and doesn't seem to have gotten much love is the economy. In particular how employment works. Services chew up your workforce and resources don't. Infact as far as I'm aware only the construction of those resources uses workforce. This is a shame because the economic system almost three decades on is still one of the better ones but the way workforce and employment works is bonkers. This would have implications on how many units you could or could not field aswell as implications on many other aspects that would make the game better and more realistic. Especially important for a big play through. Can I expect the available workforce for resource production to be accounted for in this latest version?
Chivalry
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Employment and workforce

Post by Chivalry »

Sorry to say it but there is no such thing as real employment/workforce in the game.

It's only your spending, taxes and treasure balance:

A) Having alot of money in the bank increases your GDP.
B) Higher spending increases your GDP. Spending means every dollar you spend; be it goverment support, production, espionage, construction, military, research, etc.; these all increases your spending.
C) Higher taxes lowers your GDP.

> Big GDP increase in a short time lowers your unemployment.
> Lowered unemployment increases inflation.
>>> So, the amount of money you spend increases your spending which in return increases your GPD, which lowers your unemployment, which increases inflation.
>>> Producing stuff is the same. If you have production, that means you spend money (to produce) and have your GDP increased.

Return to “General Discussion - 2030”