(1073 and earlier) Governor spams survey drones if given half a chance

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

(1073 and earlier) Governor spams survey drones if given half a chance

Post by arquebus_x »

I never intentionally give the governor access to the space unit build queue, but if I accidentally Agree to the message turning it on, the governor will start constructing. And when it does, it tends to build dozens of survey drones. Presumably there would be some reason for this at some stage of the game but in the early game, before you have access to FTL and after you've surveyed your entire home system, there's no reason to be pumping out drone after drone only to have them sit in reserve.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: (1073 and earlier) Governor spams survey drones if given half a chance

Post by Balthagor »

We do hope to make improvements in the future to how the AI fills production queues when there are limited choices. SRNG development may move this topic forward. Ticket 32089 started.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Re: (1073 and earlier) Governor spams survey drones if given half a chance

Post by arquebus_x »

I feel like there should be an AI state of "do nothing at this time despite the availability of a slot." It should be able to look at the existing quantities of things that it can produce and determine whether having more of them would be meaningfully useful. And if not, it holds. Possibly throwing up an alert message saying something along the lines of "Governor is halting production due to high volume" or some other language that doesn't make it sound like it's running a cereal factory. ;)

Return to “Issues and Support”