(1035, maybe 1070) "FTL Travel Requires Beacon" - not working? or unclear text?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

(1035, maybe 1070) "FTL Travel Requires Beacon" - not working? or unclear text?

Post by arquebus_x »

I noticed this pre-1070 but forgot to mention it. I haven't yet tested it on 1070 fasttrack but I will report back once I've been able to.

The "FTL Travel Requires Beacon" toggle in Advanced Game Options is default ON. However, I have noticed that my survey ships can still travel from system to system without first placing a beacon. If this is intended behavior, then the game option's text is unclear. I know that placing a beacon sets that as the destination point for FTL travel *to* the system with the beacon in it, but the toggle's text suggests that FTL *from* a system should be impossible without a beacon under the default setting (ON).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: (1035, maybe 1070) "FTL Travel Requires Beacon" - not working? or unclear text?

Post by Balthagor »

CL: This is poorly explained. The label is being updated to "FTL Destination Random Without Beacons". When this is off, beacons are meaningless, you can FTL any ship to any location as long as you've visited a system at least once.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Re: (1035, maybe 1070) "FTL Travel Requires Beacon" - not working? or unclear text?

Post by arquebus_x »

I *thought* that might be the case!

Return to “Issues and Support”