Where are the gas giants?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

smith121363
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Where are the gas giants?

Post by smith121363 »

I have not seen a gas giant in any of the campaigns I have played in the last few fast tracks. What is the ratio of gas giants and rocky planets or did gas giants get removed?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Where are the gas giants?

Post by Balthagor »

The procedural generation is not set by ratios, but there are some gas giants. I agree that they are not frequent enough and the earth standard worlds are too common. We've started some balance review of the planets in systems, but it'll be a few weeks still before we can establish a better balance.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
smith121363
Sergeant

Post by smith121363 »

I started a new campaign after posting this topic and I found two gas giants among 25 stars. I saved that campaign so I can find the best way to run those colonies. I am going to ask another question here instead of starting another topic. Are the planets with a "violent" atmosphere exploitable in any way? I found an extra large one that has the most energy spots I have ever seen on a planet and would love to utilize it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes. You can use an engineering ship to build a spaceport on the planet. That comes with an outpost instead of a city. It allows you to claim territory on non-breathable worlds.

I do wish the atmosphere types had a bit more of an effect in game, but at this time that's as far as the design goes. Another aspect of the game we're still considering...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”