so, im watching the enemy advance....not suffering supression ?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

so, im watching the enemy advance....not suffering supression ?

Post by tkobo »

Its weird...no amount of art fire on them seems to lock them in place...ie suppress them. They suck up the damage and just keep advancing... Please tell me they are susceptible to being suppressed ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team
Human: Yes

Re: so, im watching the enemy advance....not suffering supression ?

Post by CeaganP »

How did this work in SR? I'm not familiar with this interaction enough to know what should happen here
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

How it used to work, this is a few games back... Any unit that fired bombard attacks, hit all unts in the hex the target was in,damaging them, and stunning them .The stun had the effect of stopping their movement ,ie locking them in place, and preventing them from firing,til the stun wore off.

It made bombarding the enemy your ground forces were advancing on of great help to your ground units.It also was a great way to stop an incoming enemy rush.

It still seems to work om my troops when they are bombarded ,but it appears to not be effective against ai troops from what i saw the other day. Its very apparent its working on my troops when the bombard attack kills my transports, all my ground units in that hex ,go grey .Meaning they are no longer ready to move ,which would be green.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

AI doesnt cheat. Good luck convincing George.
Might as well look at ai supply. I noticed in evildari mars mod, ai likes to cheat alot. While a human controlled unit would be stuck. AI is fine in moving and still fighting. Might be adressed for your space game, but seeing all these old sru issues i doubt it.

For this specific issue i can confirm it also exist in SRU, but then again i also wouldnt be surprised if this is hidden in one of the settings like military difficulty or ai stance.
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

If it is a setting that can be traced to one of the settings or military stance than it would be easier to resolve. I think I understand what the intended functionality should be. If this is something that has carried through from SRU it will need a new design spun up to accommodate the changes for GR. Thanks for the info!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Rosalis wrote: Jul 05 2021 ...ai likes to cheat alot...
This is absolutely false. Under no circumstances is the AI allowed to cheat. Be it resources, strategic knowledge or anything else, the AI has the same restrictions as players at all times.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”