ai control of airunits at FULL is horrid

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

ai control of airunits at FULL is horrid

Post by tkobo »

I was testing the different settings for command none to full . Full is a death sentence if you have a lot of aircraft. At full the ai throws ALL your aircraft into the air, at which point in the near future they will start failing from the sky.The ai apparently has NO concept of what your bases can handle, so the aircraft launch, run out of fuel and fall from the sky fairly soon after using the full setting.

And since the game provides NO information this is happening or where, if your in combat ,it will likely take you completely by surprise.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: ai control of airunits at FULL is horrid

Post by Balthagor »

It has been mentioned before, the AI in GR has had very little work so far in terms of it's understanding of the world environment. In the fast track it doesn't even know what to build at space level. Some of this actually got worked on over the weekend and yesterday, so some of the first AI changes will be in the next fast track. The AI will be worked on later in the Early Access development cycle.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: ai control of airunits at FULL is horrid

Post by evildari »

maybe it is related to the terrain travel / movement costs (dont know which term BG use for that) which can be set in the terx file (in SRU)
in SRU i modded higher than 1 movement costs for air travel (ie. "asteroids" for my spacefighters), and air units had issues about getting back soon to a base to refuel.
Did not change the pathing heuristics parameters though maybe that could help - also for GR (if similar systems are in use)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Issues and Support”