Further Battlegroup improvements

Have a feature request for GR? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Further Battlegroup improvements

Post by Balthagor »

Started with a comment on Discord;
FlashXAron (Alex) — 08/07/2022
BATTLEGROUPS -> ARMYGROUP : really would need that ... it is the same as the battlegroups but it consists of Battlegroups ... at the moment I select the needed Battlegroups on the map with shift - ..... but would be cooler , if I just could press a key and have the full army with all settings ...
Not entirely sure I follow what's being asked here, but we have some ideas already for improving battlegroups. Feedback from more of the community would always be welcome.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Von Thoma
Warrant Officer

Re: Further Battlegroup improvements

Post by Von Thoma »

ARMYGROUP:
Armygroup consists only of Battlegroups ... so you have to build first your normal BG , after that organise them in an Army ... after that you could handle them like the game ... DOMINIONS in my opinion, the best ever army handling idea for rts automatic battles, yours would be even better, as you could intervention in real time and your doesn't need an own battle map ... this would give you an idea , what I mean ... if you could even use it for the AI, it would make it 1000x smarter , as you fill that prepared "template" and send it to the enemy ... https://youtu.be/GH_XVbt60OU
Von Thoma
Warrant Officer

Re: Further Battlegroup improvements

Post by Von Thoma »

Christian/Balthagor — heute um 14:31 Uhr
Are you suggesting battlegroups in battlegroups? I don't think the system can be twisted into that kind of shape...

FlashXAron (Alex) — heute um 14:56 Uhr
Yeah that would have been the first step, but enough for GR at the moment ... a Dominions like approach would be the best , as it would solve any incompetence of the AI, but would need some "prepared" Templates ...

Return to “Suggestions - GR”