Will the US become theocratic??

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

From http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2004/03/12/120.html :
Washington are pushing a law through Congress that would "acknowledge God as the sovereign source of law, liberty [and] government" in the United States. What's more, it would forbid all legal challenges to government officials who use the power of the state to enforce their own view of "God's sovereign authority." Any judge who dared even hear such a challenge could be removed from office.
Their openly expressed aim is to establish "biblical rule" over every aspect of society -- placing "the state, the school, the arts and sciences, law, economics, and every other sphere under Christ the King." Or as Attorney General John Ashcroft -- the nation's chief law enforcement officer -- has often proclaimed: "America has no king but Jesus!"
The "Constitution Restoration Act of 2004" is no joke; it was introduced last month by some of the Bush Regime's most powerful Congressional sycophants. If enacted, it will effectively transform the American republic into a theocracy, where the arbitrary dictates of a "higher power" -- as interpreted by a judge, policeman, bureaucrat or president -- can override the rule of law.
As a secundary note, I would mention that practically all American presidents had their church, as many congressmen or other political figures (money buys everything, even piety).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FastBoy101 on 2004-03-15 15:49 ]</font>
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

If the US did brake up, it would be between secular and religious states.
ilkhan
Warrant Officer

Post by ilkhan »

Many Secularists believe either secrately or even openly that the Constitution is outdated. And Religious Christians tend to believe in the constitution strongly. That is where a true civil war would happen.
Jug
Sergeant

Post by Jug »

You guys better lock this thread up before the religious vs secular debate rages out of control...as it always does.

Lets keep it to SR2010 discussions.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

No need to lock the thread.People on this board,unlike 99% of the boards on the net have shown themselves so far,to be mature reasonable people.

If this changes,than by all means lock the thread.But no reason to yet, that I see.

It might be a good idea to however move the thread to the appropriate sub forum.IE off topic- unless someone ties it into the actaul game.

now for my 2 cents on this topic :razz:

First off,believing an article thats in a russian newspaper about what will/could happen in the US is really going out on a limb.Especailly a paper that continually calls Bush a Fascist and accuses america of seeking "full-spectrum dominance" over the world.
The only thing worse than believing this polictally based rant,is getting worried over its claims.

Second,if you live in the US you should see just the opposite happening.Government has been slash and burning links that tie the governance of the country to religion on a regular basis.
Cases in point are plentiful.
Pledge of allegaince case.
10 commandments case
Many cases on the religious components of Christmas and thier public display .
Prayer in school.
Evolution.

In all of the above cases ,the religious proponents have lost so big,its like they didnt even show up for the debate.

Third.There has never been a religious civil war in the US.
The only civil war we had was more of an industry or corporate based war.Basically about who would be the main power in production of products and the economy.
In fact of the four occurances where a civil war or break away from the union was comtemplated(sp)(that i know of),only one was based on religion and it fell flat almost imediately.As the people who wanted it themselves realized it was doomed to fail.

Religion has been losing ground steadily in this country (the US) for over 200 yrs.
I as some who have read my posts might know,am an atheist(sp).As such i have watched the downward spiral of religious control for over 30 yrs.

Pat Roberts and his ilk/kind put bills before the congress on a regular basis.
Want to guess how many were made into law ?

Lastly.If the US ever did break up.It would be FAR more likely to be over or about finances and who controls them than religion.In fact in the three cases(not counting the one religious based, as it has already been mentioned) I know of-the attempt by some to have NY succeed from the union(circa 1803) and the never quite proven but believed by me to have existed
Duponte/Morgan conspiracy(circa 1932) and the Massachusetts "farmers" revolt (which was extremelely small scale and about changing taxes more than succession)-the reason for the revolts/succession attempts/ect was power and greed.

If the US has a true major weakness that could lead to it break-up,imho,its power and greed.
Not by any stretch religion.

Okay,that my 2 cents-or maybe 3-it was kinda long for only 2 :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tkobo on 2004-03-16 10:11 ]</font>
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I might believe in the separation of church and state, but is there such thing as separation of church and greed/power?

For anyone who might read this and is religious, religious believes and the way churches operate sometimes don't always go hand in hand.
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

I tend to agree here Religon is not at all centralized in this country. In order for a religous revolt to occur a dominant religon and opposing religon would occur and that jsut doesn't happen in a country to has an imigrant population of 10 million +

The day we turn the valves off in immigration is the day we take the first close step to becoming fragile. It's through immigration the country thrives practically rebirthing the founding blocks of the country every generation.

I think the only way you could ever see America break apart would be for a accute finance matter that affected a group of states close together.

Over Taxation or even more so socio econominc taxation in ertain areas ar ethe big hitters....

The two weak points that can crack is either touching our wallets which we have a lot contempt for but having the government attack our minds and you'll see a revoltion rather quickly.

Freedom and money is what makes this country work.
Jug
Sergeant

Post by Jug »

All right...just as long as we're mature then lets go for it.

My two cents...I'm glad religion is loosing ground in the politcal side of things. As far as I can tell, they had their shot at ruling for a good couple thousand years and they blew it (they didn't call it the dark ages for nothing).

If the US did break up, it would be along many lines: race, religion, wealth to name a few.
Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Post by Hellfish6 »

I've never heard of this law being passed through Congress. :???:

Shouldn't this be in OT?
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

Well initially the question it brings to my mind is "What would it change into SR2010's context?" Theocracy is simply an interesting element.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Hell:Its a bill being put before congress.
Nothing more.
It was not and imho never will be a law.

Return to “General Discussion”