Reviews of Polish Version

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Reviews of Polish Version

Post by Balthagor »

Last edited by Balthagor on May 09 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: umm i can translate German but not polish. But with the score i bet its good review. Never know what it says.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I found one translator; http://www.poltran.com/pl.php4

overall, seems to give us a good review, hard to tell because the translation does not work very well.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: make it easy for everyone.

Review in gild " 2010 " Supreme Ruler! Review of game has appeared in internet service 2010 Gry.Gildia.pl Supreme Ruler. It has received high estimate game 8/10. I advice except high estimate with amenity „ all admirer genuine strategy SR2010. It from you, which (who) have turned up in such hits (success) as for example, europe Universalis or, which (who) like chart games either (or) statistic ( e.g. Stars! Should appreciate complexity of game ) równierz and nice appearance . However, apologists (followers) will get around (will celebrate) her (it) wide arch “ fast ” stategii or as it in (to) which (who) about progress sometimes define “ strategy skill ” decide speed click mouse but not pomyślunek. Here it click ” in order to read review. We invite for very curious and reading interesting < interest (concern) >. It is possible to find information of game on this part more. Return > >

translation is off. But it seems a good review. I try to work on the translation might be more readable.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

My personal translation:

"This Gameski is Goodski"

-- George.

Hey, after having to create a custom font page specifically for this one language, I get to make a wisecrack or two... :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hey, found another!

http://www.sztab.com/recenzje,Supreme-R ... ,1137.html

8/10 agian :D

Last paragraph seems to say it is really intended for those looking for "intelligent gaming" and I got no problem with that ;)
guarantor of genuine intellectual entertainment
Polish to English seems to be a difficult translation!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Congrats Guys ! Well deserved!!!

BTW. Just curious: Were the Minister's names translated too?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: surprised that all the devs don't make a wisecrack about something. especially if u keep getting good reviews in Europe. I really don't think its that hard to translate. Haven't study much on polish but I think i can make them readable unless someone who knows polish does it first.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Reviews

Post by Eric Larsen »

I saw on the G4 channel that they have some shows on computer games. It sure would be fun to see SR2010 get a review on one of those tv shows where people could actually see the game in action on the little screen. Might get some more customers that way.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

It's a damn pitty the overall score (80%) is dragged down by the AUDIO/SOUND -score (40%)........ :cry: :cry: :cry:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

BigStone wrote:It's a damn pitty the overall score (80%) is dragged down by the AUDIO/SOUND -score (40%)........
Yeah, our average scores from all our reviews (not counting the single evil review :evil: ) are generally 75-80%, and that's after all the sites mark us down for so-so graphics and no music. It's something we'll address in future projects, that way even the evil reviews may be convinced to notice that we actually have very strong gameplay!

-- George.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Well 70% to 80% score is good to me. At least its not 0% to 40%. there will always be critics in everything. Some love ya some don't.
winters
Corporal

Post by winters »

Polish to English seems to be a difficult translation!
true :)
but it works like that in both ways ;) I won't post here translated into English effects of translations from English to Polish but belive me it's quite fun to read them ;)

BTW it's nice to see that SR 2010 is now present in Poland :)
If the enemy is within range, so are you.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

George Geczy wrote:
BigStone wrote:It's a damn pitty the overall score (80%) is dragged down by the AUDIO/SOUND -score (40%)........
Yeah, our average scores from all our reviews (not counting the single evil review :evil: ) are generally 75-80%, and that's after all the sites mark us down for so-so graphics and no music. It's something we'll address in future projects, that way even the evil reviews may be convinced to notice that we actually have very strong gameplay!

-- George.
Battlegoat - I would much rather see your great energy and minds focused on the AI, unit development, TO&E type organizations and a few other areas instead of WASTING your time with ridiculous music scores and other fluff.

I am sick to the core of the games currently on the market that completely overlook the important areas and consume their time with such garbage. Every game that I have purchased have quickly seen the shelf if they were made to keep my three year old entertained. The bulk of the market seem to be forgetting that the 30 somethings who grew up with the computer gaming system are looking for challenges - not fluff! Not to mention they have they money and are willing to spend it for such "Qualitative" and "quantitative" games.

The opinions of anyone whose interests lie in music, eye candy and other garbage truly doesn't have anything substantial to offer you guys.

You all are on track with the improvement of this game and 80-90% of the comments on this board are guiding you to a remarkable product for the next round. Notwithstanding the current remarkable program.

Tony
winters
Corporal

Post by winters »

Balthagor wrote:Hey, found another!

http://www.sztab.com/recenzje,Supreme-R ... ,1137.html

8/10 agian :D

Last paragraph seems to say it is really intended for those looking for "intelligent gaming" and I got no problem with that ;)
"Ocenę końcową więc kieruję do ludzi, dla których tytuły takie jak Stars! czy Capitalism nie są synonimem ostrego masochizmu, lecz gwarantem prawdziwej rozrywki intelektualnej, bowiem tylko do nich jest adresowana ta produkcja - ambitna gra dla ambitnych ludzi."

loose translation:
The final score is for people who doesn't recognise games like "Stars!" and "Capitalism" as a hard masochism, but as a real intelectual entertainment. Ambitious game for ambitious poeple.
If the enemy is within range, so are you.

Return to “General Discussion”