open ended play

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

elite
Sergeant

Post by elite »

will there be a option for open ended capaign for ultimate conquest for single player or only predefined campaigns with specififc goals intended, I really would like to see a open game option for just for pure conquest games,, For replay sake I hope theerre is that option,, I enjoy scenarios but I like open ended alot more.. JUst think becoming the ruler that reuniffies the usa,,??????
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "open ended". We do let you start anywhere in the world at the beginning of a campaign, and we give you various options on how you want to proceed if you win, and demote you to poorer regions if you lose :smile: (but again you would have some selection of how you wanted to proceed). We do have to keep certain campaign threads intact though to allow leaders to take their resources from one scenario up to the next.
elite
Sergeant

Post by elite »

thank you and definately sounds like fun,
prime_642
Captain

Post by prime_642 »

How about a campaign where the whole world is on the game play area and you just play. Once you conquer a country, you conquer the next one until you take over the whole world. This campaign would have no subsections, just open ended play.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This could be done only so far that the program's limitation is for 16 Human players. We'd discussed ideas for larger world game vs. AI players but I can't find the thread. The other issue will be deciding what scale to make these maps. A 20km hex map would be extremely large, but a more reasonable size map goes up to 50-60 km per hex. Larger hexes remove some of the finer tactics.
Lonewolf
Sergeant

Post by Lonewolf »

My vote is for the larger map with smaller hexes.
So far it seems that the tactics used are very important. I would hate to see that diminished.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

That problem worries me too.
I wonder what scale is being used for the World Map?

I would also rather see a huge worldmap consisting of many "small" hexes than "big" hexes and small tactics.

And it might also have that "Wow what a huge world!Cool!" effect :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Juergen on 2004-01-22 04:37 ]</font>
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Id vote for HUGE map,small hexs.
Hehehehhehehe, we said hexs :razz:
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Me too for the huge map. In fact the world map play is thing most eagerly awaited.
Hunter
Corporal

Post by Hunter »

What about a zoom in and out option?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Already implimented but there are limits to the level of zoom. An extremely large map would not be possible to zoom all the way out.
Hunter
Corporal

Post by Hunter »

What about choosing a part in a menu where you should be at?
I mean if you want to be in North America you click on that menu and if you want to go to Europe you click on that menu, that way it isn't necessary with a huge map.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not supported by the engine.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

That's actually a concept we already have note of -- but it looks like it won't show up till SR 1936 :wink:
Hunter
Corporal

Post by Hunter »

So you can't take over the whole world?

Return to “General Discussion”