World Market

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Shutzen
Warrant Officer

Post by Shutzen »

I have heard a lot about how easy it is for the World Market to wipe most countries off the map at any time. I am really curious how the World Market is programmed and how its forces will be handled. It seems to be a sort of "supreme being" that exists everywhere off the current game map. Where does its military force come from? (I think I have heard a little about this but I'm still not clear). In theory, it comes from member countries. But, is it an endless supply of men and material or is it actually calculated by the nations it is composed of at the time (as the membership varies by scenario)? If units are pulled from member nations, will the WM ever ask the player's country to contribute men or material? If not, I think it should be included in the game. Look at current UN operations... member nations are asked to contribute. There are benefits for those who do and penalties (official or unofficial) for those who don't.

My first question is if the WM forces are drawn from a concrete pool that reflects an up to date world situation and the second question is will the WM ever ask the player to contribute? Thanks.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

The world market does receive "funding" from all its member nations. As well, the story-line indicates that as the economies around the world disintegrated, many top industrialists and military men joined the world market to guide it. (It is definitely not an organization run by standard "politicians".) The political influence of the WM comes from its members nations and how they vote on key issues.

Anyways that does give them the money and connections to build their own independent military with all the latest equipment...

As to a "Cap" on their abilities... well the World Market does operate at a specific scale, which as your region grows, you can more closely match. By the time you get to the battle for the world, the World Market is represented by the remaining players. So what starts as a comparatively large off map player, becomes essentially just the will of the players in the last scenario.

Return to “General Discussion”