Reserves/Activating Bases Question

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nagamzor
Corporal

Reserves/Activating Bases Question

Post by Nagamzor »

I just scanned/read through the pages of this forum and the help forum.
I didnt really find exactly the question I was looking for.
Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

For any question, feel free to elaborate as much as possible, I prefer to be treated like I know nothing for each question, since I dont really know much anyways :):)

I have military bases that are inactive, and I know I need reserve units, to activate it.

The questions I have are basically this.

How many reserve units does it take to be able to activate a particular size of base? Is it different from outpost to Medium base.

What units are used to actually reserve/man a base?

When you have units in the "reserve pool" how do you actually get them to start working/show up at a base that's brand new?

And if anyone really wants to, please inform me step by step of how and what's needed to activate a base.

Thanks alot to anyone who takes the time to post this for me.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Q. How many reserve units does it take to be able to activate a particular size of base? Is it different from outpost to Medium base.

It says at the bottom of each base...just open up the base page and there's the info. Larger bases need more personnel.

Q. What units are used to actually reserve/man a base?

None, just the number of reserves...

Q. When you have units in the "reserve pool" how do you actually get them to start working/show up at a base that's brand new?

They allocate themselves automatically. If you were to close a base, those reserves would magically appear back in your reserves. In fact, if you are short of men, you can close an unneeded base to free up reserves for a base you do need.

Activating a base...You need sufficient reserves (can be a problem in some scenarios). Make sure your minister is set to increase reserves. When you have enough men, the lightning icon (activation) will be operative. Just click it and the base will 'spring' into life.
Nagamzor
Corporal

Post by Nagamzor »

ahhhh ok.

So..you cant actually create units to use for the base reserves.

The reserves come from that total # of reserves/men that are available.

That makes TONS of more sense now.

Only problem is that I have an increasing NEED for men hahah

Thanks alot, I'm sure this will cure what's been ailing me.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Another thing...

If you put units into reserve, it frees up those personnel for use elsewhere. One drawback is that should you need to activate those units you won't have the staff to redeploy them! Sometimes it's a balancing game.

In some scenarios, military staff can be a problem. If it is, make sure conscription is on. I'm pretty sure it also helps if you have military wages at least set to the recommended level (or higher) as it encourages more applicants.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Lol if you economy can allow it set your Wages and Maintenance to Max and watch the Reservists come *******.

As Korea I get about 10,000 a day.

Its around 30,000 with Conscription on :D
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

You know, as N. America with maxed out wages, full conscription, and a population of 3 billion people I get about 10-30k reserves a day... :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”