Update #3, When? An indication please, BG!!!

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

haenkie wrote:HAHAHA baloogan you are really fixed on that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just hate limits in games. The missile storage limit is the only 'hard' limit in SR2010. I can effectivly remove it, but it ruins the game. (Change the build limit on airbases to 255 or whatever the highest is. Missile storage limit is aircraft buildcap * 200(Or missile buildcap * 100 )) :-)

Son of Moose has shown that there are no economic limits on the game. Tkobo has shown that there are really no military limits on the game.

It just seems like such a arbitrary limit... :( Aside from large AI problems the missile storage limit is the only problem. And I don't even care about the AI.

I like playing both sides in a game. I switch between the AI countries to keep their economies going and to give new priorities. If my country gets to far ahead I switch over. :/

I don't even see what sort of good things battlegoat planned with the missile storage limit. It isn't realistic. It isn't even in the interests of balanced game play. It just increases the amount of micromangagment that one needs to do.

In conclusion, the only major flaw of this game is the missile storage limit. 8_
Missiles!! Nukes!
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Baloogan wrote:
BattleGoat wrote:words
Just what is already been fixed/added? Did you add a game option that turns off the missile storage limit?
How about we install a little web cam at each of our desks so you can watch us work? 8_ Really now... Do you actually expect us to let everyone know about the new things we've added before we are done each update? I know that many people appreciate our involvement on the forum and also appreciate that their input is always being read and considered and even at times incorporated into the finished product but the answers to what you are asking will be given on a need to know basis. And we think everyone will need to know what is actually in Update 3 when update 3 is complete.

We'll I'm about to head into the office, for a swim. Then it's back to work on the Europe localization.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

How about we install a little web cam at each of our desks so you can watch us work?
Well actually :D there are corporations known to do this :P, U could see them work and even take a lunch break :evil:, so this would be a good idea that ur suggesting now :P then we can whip you guys back to work as soon as you start to slack off ;) and fix that population bug already :x 8)
Caleb367
Warrant Officer

Post by Caleb367 »

How about we install a little web cam at each of our desks so you can watch us work?
Wish list for Update #3: amphibious landings, aggressive AI, and a little screen in a corner showing BG at work instead of those annoying Unit Design Recommendations. :D

Man, you gonna wish you never said that. :D :D :D
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Hey guys, leave the beleaguered BG devs alone...or they'll stop visiting the forum. You wouldn't want that would you... :-?
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Legend wrote:
Baloogan wrote:
BattleGoat wrote:words
Just what is already been fixed/added? Did you add a game option that turns off the missile storage limit?
How about we install a little web cam at each of our desks so you can watch us work? 8_ Really now... Do you actually expect us to let everyone know about the new things we've added before we are done each update? I know that many people appreciate our involvement on the forum and also appreciate that their input is always being read and considered and even at times incorporated into the finished product but the answers to what you are asking will be given on a need to know basis. And we think everyone will need to know what is actually in Update 3 when update 3 is complete.

We'll I'm about to head into the office, for a swim. Then it's back to work on the Europe localization.
I'm a one-issue-at-a-time man. 8_ I think we, your customers, deserve to know what you are working on.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Baloogan wrote: I'm a one-issue-at-a-time man. 8_ I think we, your customers, deserve to know what you are working on.

We have mentioned what we are working on ...
- Localization for the European market
- Update 3
- Documentation improvements for the map editor, including groupings, missions etc.
- getting our game into stores - (BTW we're in-store at Future Shop Canada.)
- improving our tans while relaxing in the pool.

it's the details we aren't getting into detail about.

For more information here is another thread.
http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5552
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

There producing these updates for free. The only thing that get out of it is a little good will and a chance for more feedback on new and/or improved/fixed things.

They have no "REAL" obligation to give you anything yet they talk on the forums and seem to be genuiely dedicated to expanding/improving on what they begun at no charge.

I don't think you can ask for more than that
igorns
Corporal

Post by igorns »

I think we need to resurrect this topic -) Any news about the update #3? It's been a month since the last post ...
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Agreed. -Looks out on the horizon for the next patch.-
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

So many distractions in the summer - sometimes hard to focus :-)

We've got a bunch of improvements and tweaks implemented but we still have a few things we want to get wrapped up before we put Update 3 out the door. Plus I want to test the updates to the economic model a bit more before we post it, don't want more of those run-away economy issues.

So, no exact time line, but we're eager to get this out so I wouldn't expect to be too long about it...

-- George.
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

Legend wrote:
Baloogan wrote: I'm a one-issue-at-a-time man. 8_ I think we, your customers, deserve to know what you are working on.

We have mentioned what we are working on ...
- Localization for the European market
- Update 3
- Documentation improvements for the map editor, including groupings, missions etc.
- getting our game into stores - (BTW we're in-store at Future Shop Canada.)
- improving our tans while relaxing in the pool.

it's the details we aren't getting into detail about.

For more information here is another thread.
http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5552

How is the tan evolving, should we expect a white rectangle on the chest? I want updates !!!
Big stuff from K5
acolorado
Warrant Officer

Post by acolorado »

They're in Canada guys. CANADA!! They may actually be whiter after laying out all day. They may need to draw the tan lines on with something. They might have to fudge photographs to make it look like they tanned at all. Ever.
The LAST game I may ever need to buy!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: course they could have a tanning bed around. Now i really don't want to c them using that on a webcam. hey at least if their serious about the tanning then they are having some kind of vacation. About the webcams if they make it possible then i got an idea. We could buy them electric collars and get them to put them on. If any of us see them slacking we could give they a shock to get them back to work.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
foo
Sergeant

Post by foo »

hey, cut BG some slack. The only 2 weeks their pool isn't frozen over and you want them to miss that??? :wink:
Great game, thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”