Anyone want scenarios with economic victory conditions?

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Borodin
Lieutenant

Anyone want scenarios with economic victory conditions?

Post by Borodin »

I know I would: scenarios in which your victory is dependent upon securing a mix of economic conditions--which may in some cases also necessitate diplomatic cooperation (economic treaties) to achieve.
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

like winning some kind of unification vote?..LOL
Borodin
Lieutenant

Post by Borodin »

Not quite. Have you checked the victory conditions before playing? Good. Do you see the one called "economic?" Great. Guess what? This means an economic win. And that means...that's right! :P

A few examples:

#1: You start off with a disadvantaged region in great arears with the World Market. Your goal: to turn around your region, make it profitable for 10 years running, and get re-elected.

#2: You begin in a mission where there are three economic tigers, and five snails. Regardless of whichever region you accept, your goal is to be the economic leader in 15 years.

#3: The World Market will have nothing to do with you, because your predeccessor has backed out of paying all the monies owed to the organization. Your goal is to get your ailing economy out of hock, and back in to the World Market's good graces to such an extent that they offer you subsidies and a line of credit.

#4: Recent wars and a scorched earth policy have left your region an industrial wasteland. You must fend off your World Market creditors, stop potential invasions, and above all, rebuild a powerful industrial infrastructure.
jscott991
Lt. Colonel

Post by jscott991 »

I would simply like a scenario where I could focus on economic issues and play. The victory condition could be a unification vote or what you are referring to.

I'm not sure I would play the missions you set out, but they are great ideas. An open ended scenario that allowed economic play would be ideal.
RCBricker
Captain

Post by RCBricker »

the problem is the time frame. Not sure if you have noticed but all of the campaign maps are interrelated. They are all part of the same story and all of the missions are relatively short
jomorisin
Warrant Officer

Post by jomorisin »

I will settle for any scenarios that aren't from the demo.
Borodin
Lieutenant

Post by Borodin »

RCBricker wrote:the problem is the time frame. Not sure if you have noticed but all of the campaign maps are interrelated. They are all part of the same story and all of the missions are relatively short
But as mentioned above, these could be standalone scenarios. I would have no problem with such scenarios lasting anything from a few hours to days in order to complete.
imnotthatwierd
Captain

Post by imnotthatwierd »

yeah i remeber in stronghold there was the combat campaign and the economic campaign, although there were only 4 or 5 missions in the economic campaign, compared to the 22 or so in the combat, it was a nice something to do if you didn want to defend a castle,

Return to “General Discussion”