Supreme Ruler 2010 has 'Gone Gold'

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler 2010 has 'Gone Gold'

Post by George Geczy »

Yes, many of us have thought this day would never come. As I type this, we are sending the files up to Strategy First.

ETA on store shelves is mid-May in North America. (More exact details on availability will be provided as the info becomes available).

I have not had a chance to follow the forum these past two weeks (obviously!), but I shall do a quick bit of reading and post shortly with some thoughts about the "first release" version and what's to come in the future.

Thanks to everyone that has stood by us as we've worked towards creating what I feel is a landmark strategy game.

-- George.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

First to Post :P

Erm this may sound selfish (as u've finished it and all and want rest) BUT WHEN THE HELL DO US OVER THE POND GET IT :evil:

*ahem*

Stress Relieved... for now.
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
St. Mark
Corporal

Post by St. Mark »

Congratulations! I look forward to your continued support of this game. It definately has great potential to branch out. See you all online in May! :D
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

George:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS!!! :D :D

what's to come in the future.
Possibly the real work is yet to begin. :P

Seriously .... this is actually EXTREMELY important and will hopefully be according to a strategically planned framework. :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks for all the well wishing, don't worry, 3-4 days of steady sleep should be all we need ;)

As for foreign distribution, we are applying all the pressure we can to Strategy First on this and I honestly believe they are passing that pressure on. We've not forgotten everyone overseas and are still working on that issue.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

Congratulations. Now we just need to get everyone in Baloogan's IRC channel after it's released and set up some multiplayer. :D
spiritofatlantis
Lieutenant

Post by spiritofatlantis »

Although i'm new here, it's great to hear that.
I'm anticipating the game with positive anxiety.
Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Post by Mewshkin »

Congratulations, a huge relief I'm sure.
Enjoy your sleep :D .

(p.s. I've started emailing UK retailers, you never know they might take notice)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

red wrote:Congratulations. Now we just need to get everyone in Baloogan's IRC channel after it's released and set up some multiplayer. :D
As much fun as the IRC has been, Gamespy Arcade will make multiplayer even easier to set up...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Sweet :) Ill be putting my preorder in soon!

I just wonder about retail availability, nothing more frustrating to a gamer than to wait for it to come out retail and have ebgames tell you its not here yet, a week after online orders have arrived.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Mewshkin wrote:(p.s. I've started emailing UK retailers, you never know they might take notice)
This is actually a great idea, it can only help. A lot of the issue with distribution (both foreign and even to certain retail channels in North America) is that the resellers/distributors just don't think there is a market for serious strategy games. They'll take 100 first person shooters and SIMs expansions, but try to sell them on something a bit more ambitious and they claim it is too 'risky' for them. Especially when we don't have the million dollar ad budget that EA uses for its games.

So, sending emails and visiting retailers to ask them to carry SR2010 will certainly help. This is the type of game that really needs a 'grassroots' effort to get it out on the market.

-- George.
spiritofatlantis
Lieutenant

Post by spiritofatlantis »

How many game titles need to be sold to get the gold-status and how many would need to be sold to reach platinum-status and are there any levels above these?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Just to make things clear, "Gone Gold" in software publishing means "finished and starting production", but not actually having sold any yet :-)

The software industry does not have official "gold record" and "platinum record" levels, though some have been suggested. In general, except for the big releases (Half Life, Sims, whatever), a title is considered very successful at 100,000 copies.

-- George.
Bluesman
Lt. Colonel

Post by Bluesman »

Congratulations lads.

I know how long you guys have worked on this. Sometimes I wondered whether it would ever materialize :). (which wouldnt be totally un-surprising given the huge ambition level).

Hope you sell well and get a similar strong community like Paradox.

BM
Jest
Corporal

Post by Jest »

Congratulations !!! I've followed your hard work since the early days and i will certainly try to spread the word here at Portugal.

Return to “General Discussion”