So it begins? (Release Dates Dis.)

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

So it begins? (Release Dates Dis.)

Post by Baloogan »

Stragigy first gave yall a release date?
Is this a bull**** 'publisher-sais-so-release-date' or is this a real release date(as in you talked to SF and gave them a realistic date)?
I hope that it is the latter; because I do not want SR to be released unfinished.

Supreme Ruler 2010 - 2/15

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1390
Missiles!! Nukes!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

As we've said all along, we control the final release date (we won't be providing a 'Gold' master until we're happy with it) though Strategy First published the February 15th date based on our feedback of progress.

I doubt that Feb 15th will be the actual date (I myself wouldn't have published a firm date just yet), but it won't be too far off from the way things look at the moment.

I would think "1st Quarter 2005" would be a safe statement, though.

-- George.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

George Geczy wrote: I would think "1st Quarter 2005" would be a safe statement, though.

-- George.
Excellent :D:D
As we've said all along, we control the final release date (we won't be providing a 'Gold' master until we're happy with it) though Strategy First published the February 15th date based on our feedback of progress.

I doubt that Feb 15th will be the actual date (I myself wouldn't have published a firm date just yet).
So it is SF making up dates.

Btw: since you are in contact with SF, how bad has it been for them? I mean are they goners, or just using the bankrupsy to prevent debitors from taking them apart?
Missiles!! Nukes!
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

I don't think we know enough to give a difinitive answer on that. It's likely somewhere in the murky middle but they do seem to be making progress again with their titles.
- David
Steelsky
Captain

Dev diary

Post by Steelsky »

Instead of talking about release dates that are so far in the future maybe we could talk about Dev Diaries instead? As far as I can see the last one was 29th of June.

/Steelsky
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Steelsky, actually the latest Developer Diary was available to read September 27, 04. It was posted on our web site but not in all the right places. :roll: (my mistake) It was on our front page and it is now in the news section, updated for your review.

I think you'll enjoy reading it. After reading it myself, I had to smile. I'm working on such a cool game! 8)

For anyone reading the dev diary, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

Legend wrote:Steelsky, actually the latest Developer Diary was available to read September 27, 04. It was posted on our web site but not in all the right places. :roll: (my mistake) It was on our front page and it is now in the news section, updated for your review.
Reading the DD I have realized that I've seen it before, (my mistake:-).

Reason I missed it was that I was looking in the news section and only saw the one from June.

/Steelsky
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

no worries. I should have updated it there too. What should our next DD be about?
red
General

Post by red »

Behavior of regions and the World Market is my biggest question.
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

Legend wrote:no worries. I should have updated it there too. What should our next DD be about?
I forget, has there been one about AI performance? If not that would be my suggestion.

Both because I want to hear about it and because I believe it will be a major point of interest for people thinking about buying the game.

/Steelsky
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

me too. I'd like to hear about AI also. But I doubt that we will have a DD on this topic this year. There is no real AI yet.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

red: Do you mean behaviour of the World Market (AI) and other regions and their (AI)? In other words are you wondering if an AI player will send you a diplomatic exchange offer for a technology and then suddenly declare war on you if you say no?... :lol: Is that the sort thing you are wondering?

For other AI questions... what do you want to know about the AI performance? Can you be more specific?
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

Legend wrote:red: Do you mean behaviour of the World Market (AI) and other regions and their (AI)? In other words are you wondering if an AI player will send you a diplomatic exchange offer for a technology and then suddenly declare war on you if you say no?... :lol: Is that the sort thing you are wondering?

For other AI questions... what do you want to know about the AI performance? Can you be more specific?
I am wondering mostly about the performance of the AI controling the staff I'll have myself, if they are trustworthy, if they will actually be able to do any of the tasks I set them to do.[1]

The enemy AI is of less interest but still something I'd like to know about while you're writing about AI anyway.

/Steelsky

[1] Yes I followed MoO3 forums for years, bought the game and regret it bitterly.
red
General

Post by red »

Legend: Yeah, consistency and 'intelligence' I guess, not knee-jerk.

Steelsky: For Minister AI, Treasury and Production seem the only far along ones, but they do their job very well even now. I've left Paris hands off for five years and seen a $500bn treasury and "$400bn" (that never pans out) surplus for that year.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

We will be reviewing the economic model so you won't get really weird numbers (getting rich beyond imagination for example).

As we add each new feature there is a richer array of ways to play the game... but here are a few current points that may allow you to save up huge treasuries.

For expenses:
1)you can't currently spend on intelligence.
2)You don't start any scenario with regional debt. For a country like France it's debt would cause an increase in expenses as you will have to pay interest.
3) and other features we will are working on.

On the other hand, you can issue bonds, but not loans. You can't ask the WM for loan forgiveness either.

As always there are differences between how things work and how they will work. Every week during our developer test games we always have a Supreme Ruler (even if we end up declaring one) and the losers usually end up saying something like, "if feature X was implemented, you wouldn't have been able to win that way."
And the winner declares, "if feature Y was implemented too, I still would have won. Ha!"

As for AI... we'll talk and keep you all posted.

Return to “General Discussion”