Release date?

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

przy
Lieutenant

Release date?

Post by przy »

Sorry, I had to ask. Is it still Q4 2004? :D I have not heard much about a release date recently, unless I just missed it (which is extremely possible). Thanks for any replies
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Release date?

Post by Baloogan »

przy wrote:Sorry, I had to ask. Is it still Q4 2004? :D I have not heard much about a release date recently, unless I just missed it (which is extremely possible). Thanks for any replies

i would bet no... :(
Missiles!! Nukes!
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

Same here regretably. :(

There is talk of another beta after the end of October. This will presumably take the best part of a month to complete (i.e. end of November). In the best-case scenario SR2010 will then be ready to "go Gold" which generally takes another month or so (i.e. end of December to mid-January).

This, as stated above, is the best-case scenario. There are still fairly severe publisher problems to be overcome as well ... :(

I mustadmit that the wait is killing me .... :cry:
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Im a beta tester and from what I can see there will still be a lot to test in the beta.

It took quite a long time for the devs to finalize the interface and they have recently started adding the other features (like Approval Rating effects).

This game WONT sit under the christmas tree,dont hold your breath.

And also remember that Superpower 2 will be out in short time...releasing the game a good while after the people have taken their time to get upset with Golemlabs latest disaster ( :D ) might be a good idea.

But still I would rather have it this way...it will be better to get a highly polished and complete game next year than what you would get if the beta would be kicked into the shelves.
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

it will be better to get a highly polished and complete game next year than what you would get if the beta would be kicked into the shelves.
Definitely!! :D I am sure that we can all wait a little while longer for the definitive product which should be truly mind-blowing. :D
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

I do not regret it. I'm pretty happy of their policy.
Big stuff from K5
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Juergen wrote:upset with Golemlabs latest disaster ( :D ) might be a good idea.
Usually i would post: "OMGz0rz YOU LAIR!!!!"
but... superpower 1 was horrible... sp2 looks ok
Missiles!! Nukes!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

As we've said before, "we won't release before its done". Though I have to admit that other factors such as our publisher issues have given us extra time to avoid having to discuss cutting features, and we've also used the extra time to fix/improve some weak parts of the interface such as the missile bits. (Our UI was supposed to be locked two months ago, but we made some tweaks to it only yesterday...)

It is pretty safe to say that we won't be released to store shelves in the 4th quarter 2004, but we don't have an 'official' update for release date yet. However, we are definitely counting our remaining development time in terms of weeks, not 'quarters'.

-- George.
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

George:
have given us extra time to avoid having to discuss cutting features
If you can help it, please do not cut ANY features ... unless, of course, they are total duds!!! :D
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Son of Moose wrote:George:
have given us extra time to avoid having to discuss cutting features
If you can help it, please do not cut ANY features ... unless, of course, they are total duds!!! :D
if you are planning on having a 'dud' feature like as in out of every 100 missiles one of them will not explode plz remove it...
Missiles!! Nukes!
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

I'd actually wish they'd launch the game sooner. I already want to start waiting for the next title :)
Lonewulf
Warrant Officer

q42004

Post by Lonewulf »

Hmmm..sad to see its not coming out for Christmas, but I can't say that its not for a good reason. Games are rushed all to ofen, and its good to see that the devs are focused on creating a good game. SP was not a horrible game per say, it just had horrible bugs and glitches. I've played the SP2 demo and its pretty good. I'll probably pick it up. I'm scared of course, but I would hope that its a lot more solid/stable than SP1.

Long Live Prussia!

Return to “General Discussion”