When?

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ainsworth74
Colonel

When?

Post by ainsworth74 »

Is there any rough idea about when SR2010 is going to be realesed.
And is it going to be released world wide at the same time, I ask this because I live in the uk and I can't wait for it to be released.

Ains

------------

"Let slip the dogs of war"
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Welcome to the forum.

Please use the search engine next time or you might also check out:
http://www.rettic.com/supremewiki/

This site might also answer some of your questions.
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Q3

Post by XeroMan »

So we're looking at August or September. My birthday is in September, that would be a nice present!
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

I wouldn't expect it so soon. There is still lot to be done. I smell a delay.
iamnick
Warrant Officer

Post by iamnick »

as long as i get into the beta or they release a demo i will be happy, ive been dying to play this game.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"I smell a delay"

I agree.
Currently the devs dont seem to be posting much,this might mean that we will get our new beta soon :)
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Well... Localization is almost complete. That means that all the screens are in their final form and all the EMails and all the Tooltips and all the all the documentation is done. All these files are now ready to go off to the publisher for translation into other languages.

"I smell a delay" --- Hmmm... didn't know it had an aroma of its own :D

As we've always said, the game will be released when it's ready and NOT before. We underestimated this last push on localization and it has taken two months :oops: longer than expected. So yes, it has delayed other implementations and AI work. We are now expecting an early November release. (November 2nd, and Yes that is 2004! ;) )

The public demo should be released about three weeks before release so that will at least help those not in the beta make it through October :-) And as for the next beta... probably about two weeks from now, but we will not let beta updates affect our development priority schedule. (It cost us over a week with the last update since we had to interupt other work to get it posted quickly - but that was neccessary since the last version expired.) So we'll post the next version as soon as we've done enough changes to justify an update.

-David
iamnick
Warrant Officer

Post by iamnick »

ya, i hate it when games are rushed in to production.
"FORGET WHAT THEY SAY, WATCH WHAT THEY DO"

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer."
George S. Patton

Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers
Voltaire
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

BattleGoat wrote:We are now expecting an early November release. (November 2nd, and Yes that is 2004! ;) )
:o But...but...the world is going to end Nov. 2nd with the American elections! :roll:
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

""I smell a delay" --- Hmmm... didn't know it had an aroma of its own "

Oh yes it has :D for otherwise I and others wouldnt have expected it for some time.
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

"So yes, it has delayed other implementations and AI work."

My recommendation would be that you start programming AI as quickly as possible. Would it be possible to see it in the next build? I think AI needs as thorough testing as LOS. Look how many comments/suggestions/problems there have been with the latter one (well mostly by Jurgen ;) ).

Although even the current semi-functioning defensive AI gives pretty tight moments in some battles, AI still needs testing. There is no bigger killer of playability than loopholes (right word?) in AI IMO.

"(November 2nd, and Yes that is 2004! )"

Wow, we really can expect a release soon. This is the first time a date has been mentioned! *makes beeeeg red circle around NOV 2nd on calendar*
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

herr neumann wrote:"

Although even the current semi-functioning defensive AI gives pretty tight moments in some battles, AI still needs testing. There is no bigger killer of playability than loopholes (right word?) in AI IMO.

"(November 2nd, and Yes that is 2004! )"

Wow, we really can expect a release soon. This is the first time a date has been mentioned! *makes beeeeg red circle around NOV 2nd on calendar*
/me also makes big red circle but in non permanent ink ;-)

I totally agree that the AI should be implemented before the next beta, even if it means that there is a delay to the rollout of Beta 6 (although a little teenie weenite file to change the expiery of the B5 if it comes up before B6 is ready would be welcome :-)

/Steelsky
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

Steelsky wrote:

/me also makes big red circle but in non permanent ink ;-)

/Steelsky
hehehe.. that's true!

Return to “General Discussion”