i have some questions

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

iamnick
Warrant Officer

i have some questions

Post by iamnick »

what are the graphics going to be like, can we zoom in on towns and cities and do military campaigns on city by city?

when i see screen shots i see pictures of tanks, is that just one tank or a group of them?

one more question, if i want to, can i launch a military campaign against my own country and attack my own people?(its sounds weird but it would be fun to do.)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The graphics you see on the screenshots are basically the final stuff. you can "zoom in" with the mouse scroll but this just enlarges the image. The graphics do not change as you zoom in. One city (genearlly) occupies one hex. Unit combat where one player is in a large enough city would use close combat values instead of standard attack/defense values.

The tank you see on map represents a Battalion level unit. The size of the battalion has a default number, for example 58 for an M1A1 battalion. You can build units anywhere from 50% to 150% strength

No, you cannot attack your own people. The reason for this is that you personally don't "attack" anyone, it's your army that does. If you tell your forces to attack your people, they just won't do it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Not sure if these are still the case,but,you can fight rebels of your country and possibly terrorists in your country(though the terrorist will be mostly fought with espionage i think).

Also in another thread it was said that you could nuke your own land.Now this seems a sure way to create some rebels in your land if you didnt have any yet.

I know you were probably looking for more than those,but its something :)
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Its supposed to work this way:

Loyality is checked on a hex to hex basis.

And if the loyality of a hex gets to low then it would spawn "Partisans",just like in Civ2.
They will appear as proper units so they can be fought with other infantry,bombers and likely nukes if you wish :D
iamnick
Warrant Officer

Post by iamnick »

before the game comes out will there be videos of the gameplay and a demo?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There will certainly be a demo available by the time the game is on store shelves. One of our beta testers is looking to make a video as soon as the next update is posted (minor graphics change I want out of the way).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
iamnick
Warrant Officer

Post by iamnick »

awesome!
Legend
General

Bombard

Post by Legend »

You will be also able to 'bombard' your own hexes, people and military... but you will see consequences... your people will know where the bombard command comes from and they won't be happy. Domestic Approval ratings, emmigration, etc "could" all be affected by consequences.
tovi
Warrant Officer

Post by tovi »

And what is the consequence of a bad approval rating ?
The ancient mar
Sergeant

Post by The ancient mar »

The result of your desicion to bombard your own people,the "aproval rating" will be the finish game screen with you in the electric chair a second before your vice-president pushes the button for a nice dose of electricity. :lol:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Approval rating affects a number of issues. I don't have a list handy, but off the top of my head; it can affect production, loyalty, WM opinion, immigration... that's just a few.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Hmmm...

Post by XeroMan »

Juergen wrote:Its supposed to work this way:

Loyality is checked on a hex to hex basis.

And if the loyality of a hex gets to low then it would spawn "Partisans",just like in Civ2.
They will appear as proper units so they can be fought with other infantry,bombers and likely nukes if you wish :D
What if the loyality of the hex jumps after spawning a partisan unit due to changes in your policy - will the partisan unit dissolve, or will you be forced to engage it with your military?

And will there be cultural factors that come into play for the formation of partisans? In Iraq for example, tribal levies can form a "partisan" unit fairly easily, and dissovle just as easily when they are appeased - while in Canada I can't imagine a partisan unit forming at all...unless you count a rioting mob a partisan unit? (Yes, I'm leaving aside the possiblity of a split along anglophone/francophone lines)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

All this has not been decided but the design indicated all such units dissappeared after a time. Problem with low loyalty is new ones will keep poping up elsewhere.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Excellent

Post by XeroMan »

Sounds good!

Return to “General Discussion”