Ok, I thought of a couple more questions

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jalapeno
Sergeant

Post by jalapeno »

Here's a couple more questions for Battlegoat or beta testers that I am curious about....

I know this game is essentially a wargame but can you win through peace? In otherwords, through economic might, covert operations, and spying.

Does the internet still exist? Can you use electronic warfare?

Also, this game uses heavy AI for ministers. From what I've seen in the past, AI is always always stupid and makes dumb decisions. Are you guys saying that you've done what others have not? Finally made an AI that can make halfway intellegent decisions based on the current situation?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jalapeno on 2004-05-05 05:29 ]</font>
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Teh AI is certinally a step up in this game but there are still some kinks in it I think especially as some ministers i believe react TOO fast
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Yes, there will be economic and diplomatic victories possible. We're still fine tuning their mechanics.

Also, in many of the US Campaign Scenarios another victory condition is winning a reunification vote. (Votes will be postponed as long as any two regions in the scenario are at war.)
jalapeno
Sergeant

Post by jalapeno »

Sorry this was a to bring thread ttt after that guy posted 1500 threads......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jalapeno on 2004-05-05 12:22 ]</font>
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

In the current beta versions our Cabinet AI is about 1/4 implemented, but yes we do intend to have an AI that is not going to be 'stupid'. And the choice of the different minister personalities will allow you to play around with ministers that may react faster or slower, or in different ways to various problems.

In SR2010, the government AI is actually SIX independent AIs... each department (Treasury, Defense, Social, etc) has its own AI design, and they operate independently (somewhat like real ministers in real life). They can communicate between each other (ie, Defense Minster to Production - 'need more military goods'; Treasury to Defense - 'cut back on your spending' etc) but they make decisions independently based on the priorities you set and their own personalities.

-- George.

PS - we don't really use the 'internet' as part of the simulation model, we even ended up removing email spam from the game - too much spam in real life, no need for more of it :smile:
jalapeno
Sergeant

Post by jalapeno »

Okey, I can't wait to try this new AI out. :wink:
red
General

Post by red »

jalapeno, even the current AI does a pretty competent job in a lot of things. I let the AI run the Paris region for about five years, after playing for about a year myself. Inflation was high, but the AI was on track for a surplus of $412 billion for the current year... an enormous sum even with the inflation! An additional $400bn was already in the treasury. For the sake of scale, consider that the Paris region starts the scenario with $35bn and you are usually scrounging for cash in any map.

There's things the AI also doesn't do well, definitely, but I won't go into that because they seem to be mostly from its incompleteness.
jalapeno
Sergeant

Post by jalapeno »

So the AI actually does something helpful? This sounds very good.
djtrix
Warrant Officer

Post by djtrix »

Also, unlike other games, the AI will run your military (if you like). I've found in some games that "cleaning" up after a big war and redistributing my troops, or even building up my troops was a task I didn't want. The AI will take care of this for you. Heck, he can even fight the war if you don't want to do that! It's a great idea that is already looking amazing.

Return to “General Discussion”